Monday, 19 September 2011

To Covert Nancybird

It probably surprises some of my closest friends, who know me so well, that so far I have written about eating and not about shopping!  But where to start.... Melbourne is honestly a shopping mecca and since moving here, my shoe and handbag collection has grown so much that I now have the dubious nickname of 'The Centipede' - assigned by hubby who was astounded at my latest 'stocktake' which totalled some 50+ pairs of shoes.

And if I am going to talk about Melbourne and handbags, there is only one name I cannot go past - Nancybird. 

I was first introduced to 'Nancybird' by a good friend who also loves the fact that the designs are a bit quirky, a bit unique but also practical.  Since getting my first 'Nancybird' last Christmas (well done hubby), I now have two handbags - one for every day with a matching wallet, one for evenings / special occasions and a leather belt which I wear ALL the time.

Nancybird is a Melbourne based accessories label, focussing on quality materials and playful, thoughtful design. Much of the range has been hand printed by local Melbourne makers. All leathers are custom made in Italy in gorgeous seasonal colours. The collection has a distinctively Australian feel, using raw, earthy materials with influences from Africa, Japan and Central Europe. But especially influenced by being right here in Melbourne town. You can find nancybird at independent retailers throughout Australia and New Zealand.
And having just looked at the S/S 12 collection... I may have to think about a third.

You can buy Nancybird handbags and other products through their website, at Brimelows stores and a range of stockists around Australia (and New Zealand).  They do have good sales if the prices are a bit scary... but I reckon they are worth every penny!


No comments:

Post a Comment